The Employee Engagement Network

Thank you to our knowledge partners, visit:  RideauFuze,
  Juice

Businesses promote a variety of days to engage the outside world to their work. Days such as bring your child or dog to work. We also have days dedicated to appreciating those often taken for granted - bosses and secretaries.

What do you think about sponsoring a continuous improvement Apprentice Day?

My idea would be to identify and invite a student to the business to learn about improvement. Maybe they know nothing about how a business interprets improvement. Maybe they need to learn more about traditions and methods businesses are using to make things simple. Maybe they have fresh ideas.

What business value could be achieved? How would you promote such a day?

By the way, our business has designated May 3 as Apprentice Day.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim:

I like your idea and it would be good to help students learn about improvement and help students improve the business. I always liked the zen line: In beginner's mind we have many possibilities, but in expert mind there is not much possibility.

All the best with this and I think it would take a few years to build and perhaps schools could host not just science fairs but process improvement fairs!

David
Like the zen line. We're approaching this more as "what can we learn from each other" vs. traditional top-down "you should know this".

Jim

RSS

One Click Resources

EEN Button Lightning LessonEEN Button Case StudyEEN Button Facebook

580 Videos Related to Employee Engagement

Click on this eBook listing over 580 videos available on the network. When you open the document up online you can click on the title to go directly to the video. Happy and engaged viewing.

© 2014   Created by David Zinger.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service